About Me

To start off my name is Gabriela but everyone calls me "Gaby" for short. I'm 17 years old, and I blow candles on May 2nd :) I'm a mom already and I have a little princess her name is JASMIN. She is my everything, I will give my life for my little princess. I have never loved someone like this. I'm actually in a relationship, I'm still with my baby's dad and we still have a great relationship and he is really happy that we have a baby girl even though we didn't plan her. His name is Jorge and I love him with all my heart. Well, if you actually want to know more about me just blog me or send me an e-mail. Ok laters.... :)

Friday, August 27, 2010

Vietnam Moratorium

1) What further questions do you(I) have about this historical event?
How come did the policemen started hitting Mexicans out of nowhere if they were just protesting about the Vietnam War something that they didn't want to happen?
Did the policemen had all the right to start hitting people especially Mexican-Americans?

2) One African American said of his experience in Vietnam, "Why should I come over here when some of the South Vietnamese live better than my own people back in the States." What do you think he meant by this?
My opinion, why he said this is because what is the reason for him to come here in the United States, if he is going to be judged by his race. And everywhere he goes there is going to be racism. He would never be equal like the main Americans. So he would just rather stay in his own place where he could be free of no racism, no judgement, and where he could be equal just like everyone else.

3) What issues do you believe should be marched for today (perhaps similar issues that were marched for in 1970)?
The main reason to march today is like always to STOP racism!! That is the only reason I believe there is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers